Have you ever had trouble sending a batch of photo to your friend via email? The answer may be yes. Most mail servers have restricted the maximum size of file attachment, 10MB or even much less than that, which makes it impossible to send big files for one time. If you are trying to transfer any "oversize package" exceeding the size limit, such as a video file or a photo compressed files, the "small mailbox" cannot go through it. Fortunately, many free file transfer applications let you work out this size restriction problem. Among those software, Folder Transfer is a great option for you. It can help you fast transfer big files through computers that are networked. It also supports sharing files and folders with other networked users. Folder Transfer's Free Version is also available now.
How to transfer large files from my computer to my friend's
Here are the options:
1. Join a Group (Recommended for Remote Network) :
* Run Folder Transfer on both your PC and your friend's
* In your friend's Folder Transfer: File Transfer- Network -- Join a Group (Recommended for Remote Network) -- Create a group- Sign up a group account- Input group name and password- Click "OK" button. (Network - Join a Group )
* In your Folder Transfer: Input group name and password, then click "OK". (Network - Join a Group )
2. Connect to a Computer:
* Run Folder Transfer on both machines.
* In your friend's Folder Transfer: File Transfer- Network --> Connect to a Computer --> Input your computer's IP Address and Port Number (usually the port # is 8585, or you may find it in your computer's Folder Transfer), then click OK.
* In your computer's Folder Transfer: File Transfer- Send files to network computers- Select files or folders - Click "Next"- Select your friend's PC in the network computers field - Click "OK" or "Next" to go to "Filter" tab (Optional)
* Then Folder Transfer will instantly send your big files to your friend's machine
Because the IP address may be often changed, "Join a Group" method is more worthy of recommendation.
Furthermore, if your computer and your friend's are in the same local network, there is no need to set any network connection, because Folder Transer can automatically connect to each other when it is running in same local network environment. You only need to run Folder Transfer in both two machines. Then you can transfer files over LAN.
In addition to file transfer, Folder Transfer also allows to share a large file on a network over Internet/Intranet. Here are the steps.
* Run Folder Transfer on both PCs- My file sharing settings- Add files/folders- Click "OK"- Then your shared items will instantly display in the "Shared Items" box
If you want to delete your shared files or folders, you can remove it. The steps is as followed.
* Run Folder Transfer on both PCs- My file sharing settings-Select the shared items you want to delete- Click "Remove"- Click "OK"-Then your shared items will immediately disappear in the "Shared Items" box
That's it! Very easy, right?
If you want to have a free use experience with this best file transfer software over Internet/Intranet/LAN, please download it on our DOWNLOAD PAGE.
For more information about this file transfer and sharing solution, please enter our HOME PAGE.
(BTW, Backup Cow is sister freeware to Folder Transfer. If you want to know about it, please click HERE)